- Just accepted an offer to start full-time @ Shopify's People Analytics team! Before that I worked @ MDA's R&D team on an 8 month co-op term, building out a web services back-end to enable analytics on image/video data - and as a Technical Services Developer @ 360pi, writing new crawlers, updating old ones, and making improvements to the crawling infrastructure.
- Finishing my MSc Statistics @ Simon Fraser University under the supervision of fellow sports junkie Dr. Tim Swartz, with funding through the NSERC CGS-M grant.
- Creator of SeeCIS, implemented using Python (Flask)/MongoDB/D3.js, to leverage CIS (Canadian University league) basketball play-by-play data to help coaches prepare for their next opponent. In its state, analysis can't be performed mostly because substitutions are recorded incorrectly. How can you calculate a player's +/- if you're not sure he's in the game or not? After seeing one too many instances of a player who "enters the game" twice, I developed algorithms to automatically clean a game, and most importantly, guarantee 10 players on the court at all times. This research has been accepted to MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference 2017.
- Graduated B. Mathematics, Computational and Applied Mathematics and Statistics degree @ Carleton University. Interesting classes taken include: Data Mining I, Spatial Statistics, Time Series Analysis, Artificial Intelligence, Systems Programming, Software Engineering.
- I like helping people out when I can. I have been a teaching assistant for 15 different 1st year/2nd year mathematics/statistics classes. I've worked as a Co-op Peer Helper on a voluntary basis for a year and I also worked as a Campus Tour Guide for a year. Organizing CUMC 2014 was way more work than we all expected.
- Related to some smart people.